This delicious Baked Lobster Tail recipe is rich, buttery, slightly sweet and incredibly easy to make. With 5 ingredients and 30 minutes you can put together a 5-star lobster meal right at home.
For the lobster tails:
- 4 4-5oz. lobster tails (or 2 8-10oz. lobster tails)*
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into 4–8 pieces
- 1 cup beer, room temperature**
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 2–4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prep Lobster Tails: Butterfly the lobster tails*** and place them in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the beer into the casserole dish. It should just cover the bottom of the dish and be at most 1/4″ deep. Season the lobster tails with a couple pinches of salt. Put the pieces of butter on top of the lobster tails.
- Cook Lobster: Put the lobster tails in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes**** or until cooked through.
- Serve: Serve immediately with lemon wedges and melted butter. Garnish with parsley (optional).
*Lobster tails come in a variety of sizes. Both small (4-5 oz.) and large (8-10oz.) lobster tails work for this recipe! Just adjust you cook times as instructed below.
**Room temperature beer works best. If your beer is ice cold, pour it in a microwave safe container and microwave for 30 seconds.
***See the how to butterfly a lobster tail video in this post for detailed instructions.
****Bake 4-5oz lobster tails for 9-10 minutes and 8-10oz lobster tails for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. When done cooking the lobster tails should be opaque and firm. If you want to be safe, use a thermometer and cook the lobster tails until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the meat reaches 140°F.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 lobster tail (4 oz.)
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 275
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 23
Keywords: baked lobster tails