With a fresh twist on tacos, these Beet and Kale Tacos with Avocado Sauce will leave you feeling satisfied and good about what you’re eating. Best part? They taste amazing.
- 8–12 small corn tortillas
- 6 medium beets cooked* (3 cups diced)
- 6–8 kale leaves (3–4 cups chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- lime wedges for garnish (optional)
For the Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 small handful cilantro (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (juice from 1/2 lime)
- Prep the Ingredients: Remove the stems from the kale leaves, chop the leaves into small pieces and place the chopped kale in a medium sized bowl. Cut the cooked beets into cubes (1/2″ cubes work well) and put in the medium sized bowl with the kale. Gently toss the kale and beets with the olive oil and a couple pinches of salt. Set aside.
- Make the Sauce: Remove the stem, ribs and seeds from the jalapeño. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and use a spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. Put the avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, milk, lime juice and 1/2 tsp. of salt in a small food processor, blender or bullet. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Assemble: Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds to make them more pliable. Now it is time to assemble your tacos! Put beets, kale, goat cheese and a couple spoonfuls of avocado sauce in each taco. Serve with lime wedges for a fresh zesty squeeze of lime juice over the tacos (optional). Enjoy!
*You can buy beets precooked at the grocery store in the produce section or you can cook beets quickly and easily at home!