Spinach Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
I love stuffed mushrooms but only make them when my hubby, Tom, is away because he absolutely hates mushrooms (which I will never understand!). You really can stuff them with whatever you want and they will be delicious!
This recipe in the perfect combination of fresh ingredients and warm, comforting goodness! The richness of the cream cheese and Parmesan is balanced by the freshness of the spinach and parsley, the heartiness of the the quinoa, and the slight spice of the jalapenos. All of these amazing ingredients sit on these beautiful mushroom thrones just waiting to be eaten! Seriously though... look how stunning mushrooms are closeup!
Time Required: 20 minutes Level: Easy Serves: 2
- 2-4 Portobello mushroom caps (depending on size)
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 5 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine jalapeno, quinoa, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of roughly chopped spinach in a bowl.
- Remove the the stems of the mushrooms and fill the mushroom caps with the quinoa/cheese/spinach mixture.
- Place the mushrooms on a sheet pan in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the mushrooms over a bed of the remaining spinach and garnish with parsley (optional). Enjoy!
NOTE: You can make these mushrooms ahead of time or eat the leftovers. They heat up nicely! However, the actual mushroom cap will continue to wilt with more and more heat. To prevent this, simply cook them in the oven for roughly half the time, refrigerate them, and then warm them up in the microwave when you are ready to eat these delicious little beauties!