Healthier Ingredients but Same Delicious Taste
We've still got all the good stuff in this delicious and creamy recipe but lightened things up a little bit by swapping out half of the cream cheese and mozzarella for Greek yogurt. The best part? It tastes EXACTLY the same but it a bit healthier than the original!
To amp up this recipe even more, I added a filler ingredient (cauliflower). A filler ingredient is a healthy food that bulks up a recipe without changing the overall flavor or essence of the dish. It basically adds volume to a recipe without adding a ton of extra heavy calories. So, you can eat more of the delicious dip without getting a stomach ache or feeling the food baby bloat.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Dip
Healthier ingredients with the same great taste.
- 1 lb. uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups Frank's Buffalo Sauce (12 oz. bottle)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt*
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook Chicken: Put the chicken and buffalo sauce in a crockpot on low for about 4 hours.
- Prep Cauliflower: Remove the stem and cut the cauliflower into small 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside until step 4.
- Shred Chicken: Once the chicken is done cooking, shred it using two forks. You can shred the chicken right in the crockpot or shred it on a cutting board and then put the shredded chicken back into the crockpot.
- Combine and Cook: Add the remaining ingredients to the crockpot and stir until all the ingredients are combined. Cook for an addition 1-1.5 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Enjoy: Serve with fresh veggies or tortilla chips for dunking and scooping!
*I recommend using full fat Greek yogurt. It has the best flavor and texture but any plain Greek yogurt will work!
**Short on time? Use precooked and shredded chicken instead of raw chicken and skip ahead to step 4 (just throw everything in the crockpot on low for 1-1.5 hours).