I love sauces! Especially healthy, light and fresh sauces. A couple of my personal favorites are my Sesame Ginger Sauce and Homemade Pizza Sauce. People went crazy over Healthy Hollandaise and the Spicy Cajun Aioli I used on Mediterranean Sweet Potato Nachos. So, I thought I would keep the trend going and post more of the sauces I use at home on the reg!
Sauces are my secret weapon. It is an incredibly easy way to turn any boring meal into something really delicious. At any given time I always have an array of homemade sauces in my fridge. When I’m really busy I can make something basic like chicken and vegetables then add a couple spoonfuls of a delicious sauce… let’s say Chimichurri and BOOM! I have Chimichurri chicken and vegetables ready in the blink of an eye!
Chimichurri can be poured over vegetables, chicken, fish, potatoes, beef, tacos, fajitas, and much much more! This particular sauce is also an AMAZING marinade. Let some chicken, beef, veggies (pretty much anything) marinade in it overnight. It is SO good! Chimichurri packs a punch of flavor. A little goes a long way!
Other Easy Sauce Recipes
Everything is better with sauce.
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 red jalapeños*
- 1/2 shallot
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbps. red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Prep: Peel the cloves of garlic. Remove the stem and seeds of the jalapeños (or keep the seeds if you like your food REALLY spicy!).
- Blend: Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until the ingredients are combined and the sauce is still a little chunky (not totally pureed). I used my mini food processor. It works great and is really quick to clean.
- Enjoy! Serve immediately, store it in a sealed container in the fridge or freeze it for future use!
*Red jalapeños are often referred to as Mexican jalapeños. If red jalapeños aren’t available, Serrano peppers can be used instead!