Everything is better with sauce.
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 red jalapeños*
- 1/2 shallot
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbps. red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Prep: Peel the cloves of garlic. Remove the stem and seeds of the jalapeños (or keep the seeds if you like your food REALLY spicy!).
- Blend: Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until the ingredients are combined and the sauce is still a little chunky (not totally pureed). I used my mini food processor. It works great and is really quick to clean.
- Enjoy! Serve immediately, store it in a sealed container in the fridge or freeze it for future use!
*Red jalapeños are often referred to as Mexican jalapeños. If red jalapeños aren’t available, Serrano peppers can be used instead!