These healthy no-bake Chocolate Coconut Almond Bites are addictingly good. You only need five ingredients and 15 minutes to make them!
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cup shredded coconut (see note 1)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- Melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add shredded coconut and honey. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Line a mini muffin pan (see note 2) with mini baking cups. Spoon the coconut mixture evenly into each liner. Firmly press the coconut mixture into the bottom of the liners.
- Put chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil in a microwave safe dish or measuring cup. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Evenly pour the melted chocolate over the coconut layer.
- While the chocolate layer is still melted, top with the chopped almonds. Then put the mini muffin pan in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Note 1 – Both sweetened and unsweetened shredded coconut (also known as coconut flakes) work for this recipe. If using sweetened coconut, the honey may be omitted (or not if you like really sweet desserts!).
Note 2 – You can also use a standard muffin pan. A 9×9 baking dish also works great if you want to make bars.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 4
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: chocolate coconut, no-bake dessert