This vegetarian recipe is loaded with all the goods like hearty pasta, fresh tomato and a deliciously creamy cashew sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 12 ounces pasta*
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (optional garnish)
- Blend: Blend all sauce ingredients on high speed until smooth (about a minute).** Use immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge until needed.
- Cook Pasta: Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss: Toss the pasta with the cashew cause. Add the cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese and fresh basil (optional). Serve immediately.
*I use spaghetti but feel free to use any kind of pasta.
**A high quality/powerful blender (eg. Vitamix, Ninja, etc.) will get you a smooth and creamy consistency. If you do not have a powerful blender, soak the cashews in water for 2 hours before blending. This will soften the cashews and make the sauce nice and creamy regardless of blender used.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 467
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 315
- Fat: 28
- Carbohydrates: 48
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 13
Keywords: creamy cashew sauce, vegetarian pasta