This Lemon Asparagus Risotto is a deliciously creamy one-pot recipe.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 1/4 pieces*
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4–1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tsp.)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1.5 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (optional)
- Cook Onion: In a large/deep pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened and become translucent.
- Add Garlic & Arborio Rice: Add the chopped garlic and arborio rice to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add Wine: Add the white wine to the pan and cook until the wine has been absorbed.
- Add Stock: Increase the heat to medium/high. Add about 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and stir until absorbed. Repeat this process until you only have 1/2 cup of stock left.
- Add Stock & Asparagus: Add the asparagus when adding the last 1/2 cup of stock. Stir until absorbed. Once all the stock has been absorbed, remove from heat.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Add parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, salt, pepper and coconut milk (optional). Still until well combined.
- Serve: Serve immediately. Top with additional parmesan and lemon zest if desired.
*See :03 of how-to video above for visual instructions for cutting the asparagus.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 677
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 39
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 10
Keywords: lemon asparagus risotto, lemon risotto, asparagus risotto