These lemon garlic green beans are topped with crispy pancetta, buttery pine nuts, tangy dried cranberries and nutty parmesan. This easy recipe has a little bit of everything in one tasty side dish.
Lemon Honey Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
- 2 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 oz. pancetta, cubed or minced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Blanch Green Beans: Fill a large pot with water and a few tablespoons of salt. Bring the pot of water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, make an ice bath by filling a large bowl with water and a few handfuls of ice. Once the water has come to a rolling boil, put a few handfuls of green beans in the boiling water for about 2-3 minutes or until cooked through but firm. Then remove the green beans with tongs, a small mesh strainer or slotted spoon and immediately put them in the ice bath. Repeat this process until all green beans have been blanched. Strain the green beans and pat down with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Make Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Toast Pine Nuts: Put the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium/low heat. While stirring, toast for 2-3 minutes or until light golden spots start to appear.
- Cook Pancetta: In a medium skillet, cook the pancetta on medium/high until crispy. Turn off the heat. Wait 1-2 minutes and add the garlic to the pancetta. Stir for 30-60 seconds. Transfer the pancetta to a plate with paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
- Toss & Top Green Beans: Pour the vinaigrette over the green beans and toss until the green beans are evenly coated. In a medium bowl, combine the pine nuts, pancetta, dried cranberries and parmesan. Pour the toppings over the green beans. Serve immediately!
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 152
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Lemon Garlic Green Beans, Crispy Pancetta