A warm, sweet and satisfying breakfast to power you through your day!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2–3 apples (2 large or 3–4 small)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prep Ingredients: Cut the apples into small 1/2″ cubes. Make sure to remove the seeds! Set aside.
- Make Oatmeal: Over medium heat, in a large deep pan, heat the almond milk and salt until the almond milk is steaming (but not boiling!). Then add the oats to the almond milk. Cook over medium heat until the oats have absorbed all the almond milk while stirring occasionally. This can take anywhere from 5-12 minutes depending on the size and temperature of your pan. Then reduce the heat to low.
- Flavor Oatmeal: Add the cubed apples, raisins, brown sugar and vanilla extract to the oatmeal and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for future use.*
*When reheating the oatmeal, add 1-2 Tbsp. of water or almond milk to the oatmeal, microwave for 1 minute, stir and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple raisin oatmeal