This Italian Beef recipe is only four ingredients and full of flavor. This is definitely a crowd favorite.
- 3–5lb. beef roast*
- 1 can beer
- 1 16 oz. jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1 Italian seasoning packet or 2–3 Tbsp. of homemade Italian seasoning**
- Cook: Put all ingredients into a crock-pot including the juice from the jar of pepperoncini peppers. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred: Remove the roast from the crock-pot and put on a cutting board. Shred the roast with two forks. It should shred very easily since it has been cooking low and slow for hours.
- Cook (round two): Once the roast is shredded return it to the crock-pot and cook for an additional hour on low heat to let the shredded beef really soak up all the delicious flavors.
- EAT: Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container in the fridge. I always store the Italian beef in the cooking liquid because it makes the beef incredibly flavorful and juicy.
*The grocery store will probably have all kinds of roasts. Don’t let that throw you! Any kind of roast will work. For this specific recipe the cheaper roasts (rump roast or chuck roast) are what I generally use because it is cooked low and slow which will make any roast tender and delicious! So, there is no need to drop extra $$$ on an expensive roast.
**Homemade Italian Seasoning packets are quick and easy to make at home.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian beef