One-Pan Fajitas is the kind of meal I like to make when I have my friends and family over because it allows me to spend almost all my time with them versus in the kitchen. The prep for this recipe is so quick. All you have to do is season the flank steak and cut up some peppers and onions. It can actually be done ahead of time and stored in the fridge until it is time to pop it in the oven! When it does come time to cook the fajitas, simply put em in the oven, set the timer and the rest takes care of itself! You don’t even have to think about it.
Fajitas are a close cousin of tacos… and for those of you who don’t know, I think very very highly of tacos. Tacos are my number one. So obviously fajitas rank pretty darn high simply by association but they do live up to expectations! They are hearty, fresh, delicious, satisfying and wrapped in a warm tortilla blanket. Add a dollop of sour cream or your favorite sauce (chimichurri perhaps?) and you’ll be a fajita heaven. They’re good straight out of the oven and as leftovers… meal prep anyone?!
One-Pan. Easy Prep. Easy Cleanup.
Another great thing about One-Pan Fajitas is that they only require ONE pan. I don’t’ only mean one pan for cooking but one pan for serving too! Just add the cilantro, lime wedges and tortillas directly to the sheet pan and voila! Dinner is served. It is so beautiful it doesn’t need some fancy serving platter. Everyone can then serve up their own fajitas right from the sheet pan. Cleanup doesn’t get much easier!
Other One-Pan Meals You Might Like!
Tools & Equipment
These one-pan fajitas are packed with colorful ingredients. To top it off, they are easy to make and even easier to cleanup!
- 1.5 lbs. flank steak
- 3 bell peppers (any color/s)
- 1 onion (red or yellow)
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (a handful)
- 8-12 tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Prep Veggies: Cut the bell peppers and onion into ¼” slices. Then place them on a large baking sheet. Season the veggies with a couple pinches of salt and coat them with olive oil (a couple tablespoons will do!).
- Season Meat: In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, paprika, cumin, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Take this mixture and coat both sides of the flank steak. Then make space for the flank steak on the sheet pan by moving the veggies to the outer edges of the sheet pan and placing the flank steak in the middle (see pictures above). Now you’re ready for cooking!
- Cook: Place the sheet pan with the veggies and flank steak in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Then bump the oven up to broil for an additional 3 minutes. Then remove the sheet pan from the oven AND immediately place the flank steak on a cutting board for 10 minutes to “rest” (because the flank steak is SO tired (: ). After the flank steak is done with its quick 10 minute nap, go ahead and cut it into thin strips.
- Prep Toppings and Tortillas: Roughly chop the cilantro and cut the lime into wedges. Warm the tortillas in the microwave, oven (3 minutes), or directly on a burner (5-10 seconds each tortilla).
- Assemble: The fajitas are ready for assembly! I usually just put the sliced flank steak back on the sheet pan and sprinkle the fresh cilantro over it. I also put the time wedges and tortillas directly on the sheet pan as well and let everyone dish up their own fajitas. Less dishes and the sheet pan looks surprisingly beautiful! Don’t forget to put out the sour cream to top the fajitas with!