This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet dates and salty prosciutto together on crispy flatbread.
- 1 thin crust pizza dough* (or pre-made & pre-baked thin crust pizza crust**)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 6–8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 3 oz prosciutto
- 1/3 cup chopped dates (8–10 dates)
- 1 cup arugula
- red pepper flakes
- Crust: Roll out the pizza dough and cook according to package or recipe* instructions less 3 minutes. For example if the recipe says to cook the crust for 10 minutes, cook it for 7 minutes, remove it from the oven, complete steps 2 and 3, and then return it to the oven for the remaining 6 minutes once the toppings have been added.
- Slice & Dice: While the crust is in the oven, chop up your dates if you haven’t done so already. Cut your fresh mozzarella depending on the shape. If it is one large ball, thinly slice it. If it is a container of a small balls, cut the them halves or quarters. Basically, you want to be able to cover most of the surface of the flatbread with your mozzarella. Set these two ingredients aside.
- Assemble: Remove the crust from the oven. Spread the mascarpone over the crust like you would pizza sauce using a spoon or rubber spatula. Then layer the fresh mozzarella and chopped dates on top. Lastly, tear up the prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle all over the flatbread.
- Cook: Put the flatbread in the oven at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese has become bubbly and the edges are slightly golden.
- Fresh Toppings & Eat: Remove the flatbread from the oven, top with red pepper flakes and fresh arugula. Serve immediately and enjoy! PS the leftovers are just as good. YUMMMM!
*Store-bought or homemade pizza crust works for this recipe!
**To make it super easy, you can also use a pre-made and pre-baked thin crust pizza crust. Simply, skip step 1 and proceed with the recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Prosciutto date flatbread