This recipe has tomatoes, peppers, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, chicken and couscous with delicious creamy Tzatziki Sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups dry pearl couscous (about 3 cups prepared)
- 16 oz. of chicken breasts (or shredded chicken)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of yellow bell pepper (1 bell pepper)
- 1 cup of carrots (3–4 carrots)
- 1 cup of cucumber (1/2 cucumber)
- 1 cup of red cabbage (1/4 head of cabbage)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients*:
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Prep Produce: Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the bell pepper, carrots, and cucumber into small cubes. Chop the cabbage into small pieces. Set aside.
- Make the Sauce: Chop the fresh dill. Peel and mince the garlic cloves. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Then grate or finely chop the cucumber. TIP: To save time (and avoid chopping), I put the garlic and cucumber through a garlic press. Perfectly minced ingredients in less than 30 seconds! Stir all the Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Store in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use!
- Cook and Shred Chicken: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet, season with salt and put in the oven for 30-35 minutes. After the chicken is done cooking, shred it with two forks. Set aside.
- Cook Couscous: Cook the couscous according to package instructions. The ratios are normally 1.25 portions of liquid to every 1 portion of couscous. TIP: When cooking the couscous use chicken stock instead of water to add extra flavor. Season the couscous with the salt and garlic powder.
- Assemble: Toss the shredded chicken with ½ cup of the Tzatziki sauce. Place the couscous, veggies and chicken in 4 different bowls (or containers to enjoy later). Top with additional Tzatziki sauce as desired! Enjoy!
*You will likely have leftovers of this sauce. If you don’t wish to have leftovers, simply half the recipe!