This recipe is a full meal complete with salmon, creamy avocado mash, quinoa and a delicious sesame ginger sauce.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 2 salmon filets (roughly 6 oz each)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup shelled Edamame
- 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- olive oil
Sesame Ginger Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Make the Sesame Ginger Sauce by combing all sauce ingredients and mixing well with a fork or a whisk. Set aside.
- Cook quinoa (if not already done so) according to package instructions.
- Combine avocado, edamame, lime juice, and a pinch of salt in a blender, food processor, immersion blender, magic bullet, or whatever you have. Heck you could even try to mash it up by hand and I’m sure it would still be delicious.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and coat with olive oil. Place in preheated pan over medium heat (there should be immediate sizzle!). Cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble! Place quinoa, salmon, and avocado/edamame mash on each plate. Stir the sauce and pour over the entire meal as desired!