- 1 pie crust*
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- heirloom tomatoes (roughly 2-3 cups sliced)
- fresh basil
- salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9″ tart pan with your pie crust and bake according to package instructions or recipe.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and lemon juice to make the tart filling. Then spread the filling into the baked pie crust.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices and dab with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Too much moisture can make the tart runny and soggy.
- Place 5-8 basil leaves on top of the filling in the pie crust. This will help blend all the delicious flavors together.
- Next, place the tomato slices as close together as possible on top of the filling and basil leaves in the pie crust. NOTE: If you prefer fresh (non-baked) tomatoes, serve the tart as is and skip step 7!
- Place the tart in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil, season with salt if desired, and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
*Store-bought or homemade pie crust.