This Tuna Poke Sushi Bowl with Spicy Mayo recipe has all the best parts of a spicy tuna crunch roll in the convenience and ease of a poke bowl.
- 1 cup uncooked rice*
- 12 oz. sushi grade ahi tuna**
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2–1 mango
- 1 avocado
Spicy Mayo Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- 1 tsp. lime juice or to taste
Topping & Other Sauces:
- 2–3 Tbsp. Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Eel sauce *** (optional)
- Make Rice: Cook rice according to package instructions. The liquid to rice ratio is usually 2:1. Leftover rice works well too.
- Slice & Dice Ingredients: Cut the tuna into medium cubes. Cut the cucumber into small cubes or match sticks (as seen in the photos and videos of this post). Cut the mango into small cubes. Cut the avocado into cubes or thin slices.
- Make Spicy Mayo: Whisk the three Spicy Mayo ingredients until well combined.
- Assemble: Portion out the rice, tuna, cucumber, mango and avocado into bowls.
- Toppings & Sauces: Drizzle spicy mayo, soy sauce and eel sauce (optional) over the rice bowls. Top with a sprinkle of Panko bread crumbs and sesame seeds for crunch and texture!
*Both white and brown rice work well in this recipe. Use whichever you prefer. If you really want to go out, use sushi rice. It is wonderfully sticky and chewy just like sushi but as a fair warning, it is extremely expensive.
**Since the tuna is raw in this recipe, it is important that it is sushi grade which is basically high quality tuna that is safe to eat raw. Read the post for more information but in short you can get sushi grade tuna at quality fish markets and grocery stores. Just ask the staff working at the counter!
***Eel sauce is the slightly sweet sauce often drizzled over sushi. It is referred to as Eel Sauce, Unagi Sauce or Sushi Sauce and can be found in the Asian section of the grocery store. I highly recommend it!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Assembly
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 384
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 49
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 21
Keywords: tuna poke, sushi bowl, spicy mayo