Cilantro Avocado Sauce
I love this sauce recipe because it is actually healthy! So often sauces are packed full of excess calories, unhealthy fats, salt and artificial ingredients. However, you don’t need to sacrifice flavor and satisfaction to eat a healthy meal. This recipe proves just that! It is packed with fresh herbs, jalapeno, avocado and a squeeze of lime juice for added zesty freshness.
I must also rave about how quick and easy this sauce is. With my favorite mini food processor it takes me less than 5 minutes to make AND it stays good in the fridge! I was pretty busy this past weekend with landscaping projects at my new house. I spent most of my Saturday hauling rocks, pulling weeds, shoveling dirt and digging out big roots from the ground. Fair to say after a long day’s work, I thought about getting takeout but then I opened my fridge and realized I had some of this delicious sauce ready to be eaten. So, I instantly forgot about the takeout and threw together some veggies and rice and then smothered them with this creamy goodness! I was one happy gal!
Blending Options: Use whatever blending tools you have or like best. Blenders, bullets, mini food processors and even immersion blenders all get the job done! I use either my mini food processor or immersion blender because both are easy to work with and easy to clean.
Ideas and Uses: Use it as a sauce, dressing, dip or spread and put it on anything your little heart desires. It is versatile and makes a great addition to grain bowls, fajitas and fish. I’ve used this recipe as a sauce on Beet and Kale Tacos, as a dip for Jalapeño Pineapple Shrimp Skewers and a dressing on Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salad All amazing!
Other Sauce Ideas
Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/3 cup cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup milk, (see note 1)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prep Ingredients: Cut the jalapeno in half, cut off the stem and remove the seeds. Cut the avocado in half and carefully remove the pit. Then scoop out the avocado from the peel using a spoon. Remove the cilantro leaves from the stems. If you don't mind the tiniest bit of texture, there is no need to remove the cilantro stems. They taste just as good and the leaves!
- Blend: Put all ingredients in a small food processor, a blender or a bullet and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy: Enjoy immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.