This Easy Spicy Peanut Sauce is creamy, sweet, salty and slightly spicy all in one. The best part? It only takes 5 minutes to make and you can keep it in the fridge for whenever your heart desires.
Easy Peanut Sauce Q&A
How long will peanut sauce keep in fridge?
I would say about a week. Personally, I’ve kept it in the fridge longer than that and had no problems but I don’t recommend it because that is when you start playing with fire!
Can you freeze peanut sauce?
Yes! Put it in a freezer safe baggie or sealed container before popping it in the freezer. You could also freeze the peanut sauce in ice cube trays to create individual portions. So, if you want just enough peanut sauce for a meal or two you only have to thaw a few cubes worth of peanut sauce instead of the whole batch!
How spicy is this peanut sauce?
The red pepper flakes in this recipe make it spicy. Using the measurements listed below I’d say it is a medium spice level. You can taste the spice but it definitely does not kick you in the mouth or make your eyes water.
If you are sensitive to spice, cut back on the red pepper flakes or just omit them altogether.
If you are a spice queen (or king) add more red pepper flakes!
What kind of peanut butter to use to make peanut sauce?
You can use whatever kind of peanut butter you prefer. However, there are a couple quick things to note. Natural peanut butters are generally thinner than good old fashioned Jif peanut butter.
- Consistency: If using natural peanut butter, you will need less water to thin it out in step 1 of the recipe. Traditional peanut butter like Jif or Skippy will make a thicker sauce and will need more water to thin it out in step 1 of the recipe.
- Sweetness/Flavor: The flavor of peanut butter can vary greatly between brands. Generally, traditional peanut butters like Jif and Skippy are sweeter while natural peanut butters are slightly less sweet. Use whichever you prefer. I personally like traditional peanut butter for this recipe but all kinds will work!
- Texture: Wanna get real wild? Use chunky peanut butter. It adds an awesome crunch!
What tastes good with peanut sauce?
- Use as a dipping sauce with these Crispy Tofu Summer Rolls!
- Drizzle peanut sauce over beef satay and grilled vegetables. I made this beef satay recipe for Father’s Day one year and it was a CROWD PLEASER!
- Serve peanut sauce with pineapple jalapeno shrimp skewers. Sweet, spicy and saucy!
- Dip vegetables in peanut sauce. I could eat vegetables all day every day if I dipped them in this sauce.
Grab a free veggie roasting cheat sheet to keep in your kitchen so you never run out of veggies to dip in this delicious peanut sauce!
Other 5-Minute Sauces
How to Make Easy Spicy Peanut Sauce (1 min)
Easy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Up to 1/3 cup water*
- Combine: Put all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until well combined and the sauce is smooth.
- Enjoy: Enjoy immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge.**