This 5 minute chipotle aioli recipe is one of the most delicious sauces to ever exist. I’ve been putting it on everything lately… burgers, tacos, meatloaf, veggies, grain bowls, you name it!
It is spicy and rich with a hint of garlic and lime. Since this recipe only takes a couple minutes and a handful of easy ingredients to make, it has become a staple in my kitchen.
Is aioli the same as mayonnaise?
Yes and no. Both aioli and mayonnaise are loosely defined, but if you want to get really technical, aioli and mayonnaise are not the same. They are both emulsions but have difference origins and can use different preparation methods and ingredients depending on the type being made.
Let’s keep it simple though. For our purposes (which is making and eating delicious food) aioli is garlic mayonnaise + additional ingredients/flavors if desired like citrus juice, spices, herbs or peppers.
Can chipotle aioli be made in advance?
Absolutely! In fact, I almost always make it in advance because it is so easy and convenient. Just store it in the fridge in a sealed container. Any container will do but here are my two favorites.
- Condiment Bottle
- Price – You can buy these on Amazon for incredibly cheap.
- Storage – I like them because the tall/slim shape of the bottle is really efficient to store in the fridge versus a bulking short/wide Tupperware container. I usually store these bottles in the door of my fridge with all my other condiments.
- Easy & Clean – Squeezing aioli out of this bottle onto a burger or tacos is WAY easier and cleaner than trying to scoop aioli out of Tupperware with a butter knife. Perfect for kids, groups and… well anyone actually.
- Individual Containers
- Individual Servings – I use these on occasion when packing lunches. They are cheap, easy to store and the perfect size for individual servings of dips, spreads, dressings and other condiments.
- Small Leftovers – Don’t you just hate using a container that is way too large for what you need to store? Well these little containers are here to the rescue! They are really handy when you only have a little bit of aioli leftover but don’t want to throw it away.
How do you use chipotle aioli?
This creamy, rich, delicious goodness is perfect for dipping, spreading, drizzling and everything in between.
- Use it as a dip for veggies, chicken, fish, FRENCH FRIES!, etc.
- Drizzle it over things like grain bowls or tacos. I absolutely LOVE adding this chipotle aioli to my Crispy Fish Tacos. Please try it! You will think you’ve died and gone to heaven.
- Spread it on sandwich and burgers. I highly recommend spreading this chipotle aioli on my Black Bean Veggie Burgers. Another home run combination!
How to Make 5 Minute Chipotle Aioli
Tools & Equipment
This recipe only requires one of the following blending tools.
- Mini Food Processor – A standard size food processor will also work but may be a little harder to blend because the volume of aioli is relatively small (1/2 cup). A mini food processor works better if you have one!
- Immersion Blender – This is my favorite and recommended tool for this recipe! An immersion blender blends up the aioli perfectly in the blink of an eye and takes about 10 seconds to clean. It’s also small enough to store, in a drawer or other small spaces. If you’ve never used one before, checkout the video to see how simple it is!
- Personal Blender – A standard size blender will also get the job done. However, it is a little easier to blend the aioli with a personal blender or bullet blender because the volume of aioli is relatively small (1/2 cup).
This 5 minute chipotle aioli recipe is one of the most delicious sauces to ever exist. It is spicy and rich with a hint of garlic and lime. Put it on burgers, tacos, meatloaf, veggies, grain bowls, French fries, you name it!
- 1 large chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 124
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
Keywords: chipotle aioli