This sweet and tangy Blueberry Goat Cheese Salad recipe is topped with sunflower seeds for crunch and the most delicious Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette.
About This Recipe
Simple, but Delicious
This is a relatively simple salad. Sometimes simple is best. Plus, who doesn’t like simple? It makes grocery shopping and cooking a lot quicker and easier.
It is simple but has everything it needs to be a darn good salad. The greens are the base. The purple cabbage adds a fresh crispy texture. Blueberries add sweetness while the goat cheese adds creamy tanginess and the sunflower seeds add a little salty crunch. Add the Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette makes and you have a salad that is simply tasty.
Make It a Meal
If you’re a big eater like me, this salad might not be enough for a complete meal. To make it a little heartier, it is as simple as adding some protein or grains. Grilled chicken, chickpeas, quinoa, barley, hard boiled egg or Israeli couscous are just a few delicious ideas.
Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette Tip
Only toss the greens and chopped cabbage in the Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette. Then add the blueberries, goat cheeses and sunflower seeds. Sometimes coating an entire salad in a dressing or vinaigrette can mute the flavors of some of the ingredients. Only coating the greens and cabbage ensures the delicious flavors from the blueberries, goat cheese and sunflower seeds really come through.
Other Salad Recipes to Try
How to Make It (1 min)
Blueberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 head garlic + 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 cups greens loosely packed*
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic Dressing, from above
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, 4 oz.
- 2-3 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette Instructions:
- Roast Garlic: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the top of the head of garlic to expose the top of the cloves (see :06 of video). Coat the head of garlic with olive oil and wrap in tinfoil. Put the garlic in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is golden brown and the cloves soft and tender. Once cooled completely, squeeze the head of roasted garlic to push the garlic cloves out of their skins.
- Blend: Blend the roasted garlic cloves and remaining ingredients until smooth (about a minute). Use immediately or store in the fridge in a sealed container until needed.
- Assemble:Put the greens and purple cabbage in a large bowl. Toss with the Roasted Garlic Dressing.** Top with the blueberries, goat cheese and sunflower seeds. Serve immediately!