These Healthy Oven-Baked Wings are incredibly crispy without using any oil and full of flavor. They're the perfect addition to game-day snacks or appetizers!
My friend Shell was raving about oven baked and insisted I give them a try. So, I really owe her all the credit for handing me this idea on a silver platter. Anyway, these wings are so crispy and don't use ANY oil. They are magical! All this talk of chicken wings is making me hungry.
When I was photographing these wings, my fur babies were pretending to be guard dogs. They were just so darn cute, I had to snap a quick pic. About two seconds later Trudy, the wiener, was diving face first into the plate of wings. Thank god I have the reflexes of Batman. The wings were saved.
Me want wingy (holla to all my Tommy Boy fans out there!).
Healthy Crispy Baked Wings
A healthy and tasty appetizer!
Makes: about 20 pieces
- 2.5 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix Seasonings: Combine all the seasonings (garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder and cayenne) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and Dry: Rinse of the wings under cold water to remove any moist or slimy residue. Dry the wings VERY well with paper towels (the drier, the crispier) and put them in a large bowl.
- Toss: Pour the rub over the wings and gently toss the wings with your hands until they are evenly coated with the rub.
- Bake (round 1): Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray or a little bit of olive oil and place the wings on the sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Bake (round 2): Then bump up the temperature to 450 and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately with ranch. Refrigerate any leftovers!