What is the most important part of game day?! SNACKS! I’m going to be making this Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Dip and a few other snacks along side beer and whiskey. Yahoo!
Healthier Ingredients, Same Delicious Taste
We’ve still got all the good stuff in this delicious and creamy recipe but lightened things up a little bit by swapping out half of the cream cheese and mozzarella for Greek yogurt. The best part? It tastes EXACTLY the same but it a bit healthier than the original!
More Game Day Recipe Ideas
- Healthy Crispy Baked Wings
- Healthy Veggie Loaded Turkey Chili
- Apple Whiskey Pulled Pork Sliders & Bourbon Cheese Sauce
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Spicy Ahi Tuna Wonton Nachos
- Cream Cheese Wontons
- Crispy Tofu Summer Rolls
To amp up this recipe even more, I added a filler ingredient (cauliflower). A filler ingredient is a healthy food that bulks up a recipe without changing the overall flavor or essence of the dish. It basically adds volume to a recipe without adding a ton of extra heavy calories. So, you can eat more of the delicious dip without getting a stomach ache or feeling the food baby bloat.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Dip
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1.5 cups Frank’s Buffalo Sauce, or a 12 oz. bottle
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt, (see note 1)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook Chicken: Put the chicken and buffalo sauce in a crockpot on low for about 4 hours.
- Prep Cauliflower: Remove the stem and cut the cauliflower into small 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside until step 4.
- Shred Chicken: Once the chicken is done cooking, shred it using two forks. You can shred the chicken right in the crockpot or shred it on a cutting board and then put the shredded chicken back into the crockpot.
- Combine and Cook: Add the remaining ingredients to the crockpot and stir until all the ingredients are combined. Cook for an addition 1-1.5 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Enjoy: Serve with fresh veggies or tortilla chips for dunking and scooping!