This is a one-pot coconut curry and tofu recipe is loaded with veggies and packed with flavor. The creamy rich coconut milk combined with the red curry paste make one delicious sauce.
Helpful Hints – Prep & Cooking
- Preparing tofu isn’t as hard as you might think. A lot of recipes insist on “pressing” the tofu for long periods of time. However, this isn’t always necessary especially when life gets busy. They key is to buy extra-firm tofu and simply pat it with paper towels prior to cooking to remove as much moisture as possible. Also, tofu can handle more heat than you might think.
- Prep fresh ingredients ahead of time. To save a little time, prep all ingredients step 1 a day or two ahead of time except for the cilantro. I recommend chopping the cilantro 30 minutes or less prior to eating.
- Meal prep and leftover approved. This recipe is great reheated making it a good option for meal prep. TIP: Store the Coconut Curry Tofu and Veggies in a separate container from the rice. The rice will absorb the sauce and become mushy if store in the same container.
Helpful Hints – Ingredients
- Where to find ingredients at the store? All of these ingredients are very common and found in the vast majority of grocery stores.
- Tofu – Generally, tofu is located in the refrigerated fresh produce section along the parameter.
- Thai Red Curry Paste & Full-Fat Canned Coconut Milk – Both are generally located in the Asian aisle in the center of the store.
- How much cilantro? The amount of cilantro needed is based on personal preference. Since the cilantro is added at the end of the recipe as a garnish, choose to use as little or as much as you like. Personally, I add A LOT of cilantro to this dish. I love the flavor combination of cilantro, lime juice and coconut curry.
- To peel or not to peel? Whether or not carrots are peeled, is entirely up to you. It doesn’t change the texture or flavor of the dish. Just make sure to give them a good wash before using them!
- What to do with extra veggies? Throw em in! I hate wasting food. So, if I have extra carrots or peas I don’t think I’ll use, I just throw em in the pan!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients & Instructions
Coconut Curry Tofu and Veggies
- 12 oz. tofu, extra firm
- 4 large carrots, (about 2 cups chopped)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Prep Ingredients: Cut tofu into medium cubes about the size of a marble. Place cubes between a few sheets of paper towels to absorb any excess liquid. Cut carrots into small cubes (roughly the size of a dime). Thinly slice cabbage. Roughly chop cilantro. Cut the lime into wedges.
- Cook Tofu: Coat the bottom of a large deep pan with the olive oil. Over medium/high to high heat cook the tofu for 6-8 minutes or until slightly golden. Stir/flip the cubes every minute or so.
- Add Ingredients & Stir: Add coconut milk (see note 1), curry paste, snap peas & carrots. Stir until combined.
- Boil & Simmer: Bring the mixture to a boil (a lot of rapid bubbles) and then reduce to a simmer (some slower bubbles). Let is simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are cooked through and sauce as thickened slightly. Stir occasionally.
- Soy Sauce: Once done cooking, stir in the soy sauce.
- Garnish and Serve: Serve with rice and top with red cabbage, cilantro and lime wedges/a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Refrigerate leftovers.