These Healthy Crispy Baked Wings are incredibly crispy without using any oil and full of flavor. They’re the perfect addition to game-day snacks or appetizers!
The Magic of Healthy Crispy Baked Wings
My friend Shell was raving about oven baked and insisted I give them a try. So, I really owe her all the credit for handing me this idea on a silver platter. Anyway, these wings are so crispy and don’t use ANY oil. They are magical! All this talk of chicken wings is making me hungry. Me want wingy (holla to all my Tommy Boy fans out there!).
When I was photographing these wings, my fur babies were pretending to be guard dogs. They were just so darn cute, I had to snap a quick pic. About two seconds later Trudy, the wiener, was diving face first into the plate of wings. Thank god I have the reflexes of Batman. The wings were saved.
Other Snack and Appetizer Ideas!
Healthy Crispy Baked Wings
- 2.5 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix Seasonings: Combine all the seasonings (garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder and cayenne) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and Dry: Rinse of the wings under cold water to remove any moist or slimy residue. Dry the wings VERY well with paper towels (the drier, the crispier) and put them in a large bowl.
- Toss: Pour the rub over the wings and gently toss the wings with your hands until they are evenly coated with the rub.
- Bake (round 1): Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray or a little bit of olive oil and place the wings on the sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Bake (round 2): Then bump up the temperature to 450 and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately with ranch. Refrigerate any leftovers!