These Fish Tacos are little bundles of pure deliciousness. Just the thought of the crispy fish combined with the creamy avocado, crunchy cabbage and zesty lime makes my heart flutter.
More Taco Recipes!
Here at Zested Lemon we LOVE tacos. Taco Tuesday is our favorite day of the week. We’re constantly putting things into taco form like Beet and Kale Tacos, Spicy Tofu Tacos or Taco Salad (just to name a few)!
These Crispy Fish Tacos are definitely a crowd favorite of all the taco recipes. Sometimes going back to the classics is the way to go. Don’t take my word for it though! Give em a try for yourself!
See How We Made Crispy Fish Tacos
Tools & Equipment
These Crispy Fish Tacos are little bundles of pure zesty deliciousness.
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 head red cabbage (about 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced)
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1/4 cup cilantro lightly packed
- 1/2–1 tsp. lime juice
- 24 oz. white fish* (4 filets)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 avocado
- 12 small corn tortillas
- plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- olive oil
- Prep Fresh Ingredients: Dice the tomatoes. Thinly slice the cabbage. The thinner, the better! Remove the seeds from the jalapeño and finely dice the jalapeño. Roughly chop the cilantro. Combine the tomatoes, cabbage, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and a couple pinches of salt in a bowl. Set aside and store in the fridge until needed.
- Prep Fish: Pat fish with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Season the fish with a pinch of salt on each side.
- Coat Fish: Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate. Put the bread crumbs on another plate. Dip the fish in the egg. Then immediately coat the fish with the breadcrumbs.
NOTE: Perform steps 3 and 4 in quick succession to ensure your fish is crispy!
- Cook Fish: Immediately after coating the fish generously coat the bottom of a deep pan with oil and place over medium to medium/high heat. Cook the fish for 2-3 minutes of each side or until golden brown. You should hear it sizzle! Place fish on paper towel after cooking to absorb excess oil. Gently break the fish into pieces with two forks (optional).
- Assemble & Enjoy: Cut the avocado into cubes. Assemble the tacos by adding a handful of the fresh ingredients (cabbage/tomato/jalapeño/cilantro mixture) to each tortilla. Top with the crispy fish, avocado and plain Greek yogurt. Serve with lime wedges if desired and enjoy!
*I personally use tilapia in this recipe but other examples of white fish to use for tacos are cod, snapper or grouper.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan-Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3 Tacos
- Calories: 552
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 421
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 52
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 30
Keywords: crispy fish tacos, easy fish tacos