This Whole Roasted Cauliflower is a no mess, no fuss recipe that is delicious, healthy and guaranteed to impress!
1) Various Pan Options: As long as a pan has a lip on the edge and is oven safe up to 400° F, it is likely suitable for this recipe! I’ve used everything from a pie pan to a cast iron skillet to a sheet pan.
2) Fresh Herbs: Fresh herbs are listed as an optional ingredient in this recipe. If you have any, I recommending them because they add fresh flavor and a little magic to recipes. Thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano, chives and dill are all good options.
3) Add Different Flavors: This simple recipe is full of nutty rich flavor but is also really easy to add different flavors to if you want to mix it up. The options are endless but here are a few easy ideas to get you started.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice right before serving adds a little zesty freshness.
- Once the cauliflower is done roasting, sprinkle it with parmesan cheese and pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Season with different spices before roasting. Try cayenne, paprika and garlic power for a smokey spice flavor.
- Serve with a dipping sauce. Healthy Tzatziki Sauce and Sriracha Lime Aioli are a couple of my favorites!
4) Make It a Meal: I frequently eat this cauliflower with my Mom’s Famous Italian Beef. It is so good and so simple!
See How Whole Roasted Cauliflower is Made
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1-2 tsp. fresh herbs chopped, optional
- Pre-heat: Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Prep Ingredients: Remove the leaves from the base of the cauliflower. Using a knife, carefully remove the stem. Be sure to keep the head intact (see instructional image below). Chop fresh herbs (optional ingredient).
- Coat & Cover: Coat the cauliflower with the olive oil and season with the salt. Place the cauliflower on a sheet pan, pie pan or cast iron skillet and cover with tinfoil.
- Roast: Place in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, remove the tinfoil and cook for an additional 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Butter & Serve: Immediately before serving, melt butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and pour it over the top of the cauliflower. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired (optional step).