This Healthy Avocado Egg Salad Breakfast Toast only takes 5 minutes to make and is packed with protein to keep you fuller longer.
- Filling Breakfast: This is a BIG and very filling breakfast (especially if you use Ezekiel Sprouted Bread like I do). Personally, I am a ravenous beast when I wakeup in the morning and like to eat a big breakfast. However, if you prefer a smaller breakfast, just cut the recipe in half and you’ll be good to go!
- Fast Breakfast: On busy (or lazy) mornings, there is nothing better than a breakfast that takes 5 minutes or less to throw together.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: This recipe does call for hard-boiled eggs. You can either buy pre-peeled hard-boiled eggs at the store (I usually buy them at Costco) or make hard-boiled at home and store them in the fridge. I do both depending on my mood and schedule.
- Fool-Proof Hard-Boiled Eggs: Whenever I go the homemade route, I make hard-boiled eggs in the oven. This method is absolutely fool-proof and incredibly easy. The shells basically fall off and they are perfect every time. Technically I should call them hard-cooked eggs since they’re being baked instead of boiled but honestly who really cares.
Other High Protein Breakfast Ideas
Protein right away in the morning helps keep you fuller longer! This Avocado Egg Salad Breakfast Toast definitely falls in the high-protein category. This recipe is also really quick to put together which I is personally incredibly important for me because I’m just not a morning person. When I wakeup I stumbled out of bed like a bear waking from a winter of hibernation; hungry, tired, mean and likely very disheveled. Once I eat my breakfast and get a cup of coffee in me, I feel like a whole new woman! Can anyone else relate? Or am I just the wicked witch of the morning time? 🙂
Anyway, Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothies and Make-Ahead Blueberry Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding are a couple other high protein breakfast ideas that are either really quick or can be made entirely ahead of time!
See How Avocado Egg Salad Breakfast Toast is Made
Tools & Equipment
These are all items directly from my kitchen that I use regularly! I use the same chef’s knife 98% of the time. The 2% I don’t use it is usually because it is sitting in the sink with other dirty dishes. 🙂
A healthy delicious recipe that will keep you fuller longer!
- 2 hard boiled eggs*
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp fresh dill chopped (or 1/4-1/2 tsp dried)
- small pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
- 2 slices of bread
- Prep Ingredients: Peel the hard boiled eggs (if needed) and cut into small pieces. Chop the fresh dill. Put the bread in the toaster (optional).
- Mash & Mix: In a bowl, mash up the avocado with a spoon or fork. Then add the Greek yogurt, fresh dill and pinch of salt. Stir until well combined.
- Add Eggs: Add the hard boiled eggs to the avocado mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Spread & Enjoy: Spread the avocado egg salad mixture on the toast and enjoy!
*You can either buy pre-peeled hard boiled eggs at the store or your make your own. I recommend making hard boiled eggs in the oven. It is fool proof and they come out perfect every time!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 357
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Protein: 10
Keywords: avocado egg salad toast