This salad screams summer! This fresh and zesty recipe is perfect for so many occasions which is one of the reasons I like it so much. It is hearty enough to be a meal but light enough to be transformed into a salsa. With only using nine ingredients (three of which are salt, olive oil and lime juice) and no actual cook time, this salad is one of my go-to recipes year round.
Meal Prep Perfection: This salad is PERFECT for meal prep because it’s one of those recipes that actually tastes better the longer you let it sit in the fridge. TIP: Wait to add the avocado until right before serving to prevent it from browning.
Make It a Full Meal: This salad can be enjoyed for lunch as is but if you want to make it a little heartier, simply add a healthy grain and/or lean protein. My go-to add-on for this recipe is quinoa and chicken!
Bring It to a BBQ: I love bringing this salad to bring to BBQs and parties. Often many of the dishes at BBQs are heavy and rich. Think cheese burgers, snicker salad, potato chips, dips, brownies. So, people go CRAZY for this fresh and light (yet oh so delicious) side dish.
Just Add Chips: Boom instant appetizer, snack or party food!
Other Colorful Recipes for Summer
Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, (or 1 15 oz. can)
- 1 1/2 cups corn, (or 1 15 oz. can)
- 2 jalapenos
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Prep, Slice and Dice: Drain and rinse the corn and black beans if you are using canned. Fresh or frozen corn will also work. Dice the jalapenos into very small pieces. Dice the tomatoes and avocados into cubes. Roughly chop the fresh cilantro.
- Assemble: Add black beans, corn, jalapeno, tomato, avocado and fresh cilantro to a large bowl. Then drizzle with the olive oil, lime juice and salt and mix gently with a large spoon or spatula.