These “no-bake” chocolate coconut almond bites only require five simple ingredients (jackpot) and are unbelievably delicious (double jackpot!!).
Ah I swoon over these tasty little guys. I LOVE Almond Joy candy bars. So, I was on a mission to create a healthier version to satisfy my sweet tooth. Often times I find that healthier also means simpler, easier and quicker which are obviously HUGE bonuses. This recipe definitely falls into that category.
I used the same medium pot to make both the coconut layer and the chocolate layer… because dishes. When it comes to melting chocolate, most people say you need to melt it in the microwave or by using a double boiler to keep it from burning but that just means more dirty dishes and more equipment. I like to keep it as simple as possible. If you follow the directions in the recipe below, you can easily melt your chocolate in a pot directly on the stove over low heat with no problems whatsoever. Enjoy chocolaty coconut heaven! Until next time dearest friends!
Other Sweet Recipes
Tools & Equipment
These delicious no-bake Chocolate Coconut Almond Bites only require five ingredients and 15 minutes to make!
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. agave or honey
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- Layer One: Melt 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a medium pot over low heat until the oil turns to liquid form. Add the shredded coconut and honey to the oil and stir for 1-2 minutes or until combined. Pour the coconut mixture into a 9″x9″ dish and firmly press down on the coconut with your finger tips to make sure the first layer is as compact as possible. Put into the freezer while preparing layer two.
- Layer Two: Melt 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil over low heat in the same pot the coconut was heated in (save dishes and less clean up!). Once the coconut oil has liquified, add the chocolate chips to the pot. Stir constantly until the chocolate chips have melted and the chocolate is smooth.
- Assemble: Remove the 9″x9″ dish from the freezer and pour the chocolate over the coconut oil layer. Smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon if needed. Give the almonds a rough chop with a knife (or keep them whole if you prefer) and sprinkle them on top of the chocolate layer. Put the dish in the fridge for an hour or the freezer for 30 minutes to let the bars set. Then cut into squares and enjoy