With a fresh twist on tacos, these Beet and Kale Tacos with Avocado Sauce will leave you feeling satisfied and good about what you’re eating. Best part? They taste amazing.
All Things Tacos
We show love for all tacos from Crispy Fish Tacos to Birria Tacos to tacos’ second cousin, Fajitas. People went nuts for our vegetarian Spicy Tofu Tacos and is one of our most popular taco recipes. Between our love for tacos and your love for tacos, it was clear the taco recipes needed to keep on coming!
Flavors & Ingredients of Beet and Kale Tacos
Beets and goat cheese are one of my favorite culinary duos. The unique taste of freshly cooked beets (here’s how to cook beets without the mess) combined with the creamy tartness of goat cheese makes my heart sing! Add fresh kale for crunch and a delicious avocado sauce to make delicious new taco! I’m always looking for new ways to squeeze more fruits and vegetables into my diet. Packing them into a taco is one stealthy strategy!
Beet and Kale Tacos with Avocado Sauce
- 8-12 small corn tortillas
- 6 medium beets , cooked (see note 1)
- 6-8 kale leaves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
For the Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/3 cup cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Prep the Ingredients: Remove the stems from the kale leaves, chop the leaves into small pieces and place the chopped kale in a medium sized bowl. Cut the cooked beets into cubes (1/2" cubes work well) and put in the medium sized bowl with the kale. Gently toss the kale and beets with the olive oil and a couple pinches of salt. Set aside.
- Make the Sauce: Remove the stem, ribs and seeds from the jalapeño. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and use a spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. Put the avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, milk, lime juice and 1/2 tsp. of salt in a small food processor, blender or bullet. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Assemble: Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds to make them more pliable. Now it is time to assemble your tacos! Put beets, kale, goat cheese and a couple spoonfuls of avocado sauce in each taco. Serve with lime wedges for a fresh zesty squeeze of lime juice over the tacos (optional). Enjoy!