For all the poke, sushi and ceviche lovers out there, these Spicy Ahi Tuna Wonton Nachos were made for you! This mouthwatering healthy recipe takes only 20 minutes and 7 ingredients to make.
About This Recipe
- 7 ingredients
- 20 minutes
- 3 steps (Bake Wonton Chips + Slice & Dice Toppings + Assemble)
What do Spicy Ahi Tuna Wonton Nachos taste like?
The ahi tuna, creamy avocado, rich spicy mayo and fresh peppers and herbs make the perfect combination of flavors which is then stacked on top of a golden crunchy wonton chip.
Of all the nachos out there, this recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat nachos. Bold statement, I know.
If you’re unsure about eating raw tuna, don’t be! It doesn’t taste fishy at all and if it does, don’t eat it! It is smooth and firm but not chewy. Almost like a really tender steak that is perfectly cooked. I could eat raw tuna all day. It is so good!
When to make wonton nachos?
Since this is a quick and easy recipe, I use it for parties and for a quick dinner or appetizer at home. PARTY TIP: Serve the wonton chips next to the bowl of the toppings so guests can serve themselves.
Poke Nachos Hawaii – Make Memories
Hot Tom and I were vacationing in Hawaii at his grandma’s condo earlier this year. We stumbled upon this tiny little walkup restaurant called Aloha Poke. It had great reviews. So we gave it a go and am I glad we did!
They served up some of the best poke I’ve ever had at incredibly reasonable prices. It was around $12 for a HUGE plate of poke with at least a half pound of the freshest fish.
Tom and I instantly became such huge fans, we ate there 7 out of the 10 days we were there. One of my favorite things to get was their poke nachos which is what inspired this recipe. So, If you are ever on Oahu and I highly recommend you checkout Aloha Poke in Waianae!
Helpful Hints & Tips
Where to buy wonton wrappers?
Wonton wrappers are in most grocery stores. I tend to find them in the refrigerated produce section by the tofu.
How to make healthy wonton chips?
It is super easy! You just cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally and throw them in the oven for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Checkout the quick 30 second how-to video below!
How to make spicy mayo?
Spicy Mayo = 1/4 cup mayonnaise + 2 tsp. sriracha + 1/2 tsp. lime + 1 Tbsp. water (optional)
It is really easy and takes 2 minutes! Add more or less sriracha depending on preferred level of heat.
Where to buy spicy mayo?
The grocery store or online! I’ve found around 80% of stores have spicy mayo which includes Target, Cub Foods and Lunds. It is called a variety of different names such as Spicy Mayo, Sriracha Mayo, Sriracha Aioli, etc.
First look in the Asian section of your grocery store. If there isn’t any there, check the condiment aisle by the mayonnaise.
Is raw tuna safe to eat? Where do I get it?
Yes! In general, raw tuna is safe to eat if it is high quality sushi-grade tuna. Checkout my post with all the answers to your raw tuna questions!
Similar Recipes You Might Like
Below are a few other recipes I handpicked for you!
- Quick & Easy Shrimp Taco Wonton Cups
- Crispy Tofu Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Tuna Poke Sushi Bowl with Spicy Mayo
- Fresh Ceviche
How to Make Spicy Ahi Tuna Wonton Nachos (1 min)
Spicy Ahi Tuna Wonton Nachos
For the Wonton Chips:
- 15-20 wonton wrappers, cut in half diagonally*
- Cooking spray**
For the Nachos:
- 1/2 lb. sushi grade ahi tuna
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 30-40 wonton chips, from above
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2-4 Tbsp. spicy mayo***
- 2-3 Tbsp. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, optional
For the Wonton Chips:
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally. Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray or a thin layer of oil. Place a single layer of wonton wrappers on the sheet pan. Coat wonton wrappers with cooking spray or a thin layer of oil.
- Bake: Put in the pre-heated oven for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, season with a pinch of salt and let cool. Use immediately or store in a sealed container until needed.
- For the Nachos:
- Prep Tuna: Pat the tuna dry and cut into 1/2″ cubes. Combine the cubed tuna and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Assemble Nachos: Layer the nachos starting with the wonton chips followed by the tuna, avocado and a drizzle of spicy mayo.
- Garnish & Serve: Garnish with cilantro, jalapeno slices and sesame seeds (optional). Serve immediately with soy sauce (optional).