Fresh fruit mixed with a little tequila makes for one tasty margarita. Strawberry Basil is a classic duo and one I am quite fond of. It is even better when blended with a little lime and liquid fun. So, let the fun begin!
Strawberry Basil Fresh Fruit Margaritas are the Best Margs
A couple years ago I was in Zurich, Switzerland for work with a couple co-workers. We decided to blow off some steam and went to a dumpy bar to get some margaritas. The waitress brought a blender to the table and made the margaritas right in front of us with fresh strawberries. Like SO MANY fresh strawberries. Anyway, it was one of the best margaritas I’ve ever had in my life and ever since then I’ve been riding the fresh fruit margarita train and haven’t looked back. Ok, that is a huge exaggeration. Let’s get serious. I’ll never turn down a margarita regardless if it comes from the rarest fruit in the world or a $5 bucket from Walmart… I’m not hard to please.
Other Margs Perfect Happy Hour
Strawberry Basil Fresh Fruit Margarita
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, lightly packed
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup agave, (see note 1)
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- salt or sugar for rims, optional
- Prep Strawberries – Cut the stems off the strawberries.
- Blend – Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately over ice and garnish if you so please! Bottoms up!