Frozen Jalapeño Margaritas
This simple Frozen Jalapeño Margarita recipe was made for relaxing in the sunshine and enjoying life. It is mildly spicy yet incredibly light and refreshing all at the same time. Amazing doesn’t even begin to describe it!
Why This Recipe Works
Often I find blended cocktails to be overly sweet and they leave me with a stomach ache.
Well this jalapeño margarita is different. It is light and refreshing with the tiniest hint of spice. Best of all you feel great after drinking it and your stomach will thank you!
I love love love this margarita recipe.
What Goes Into This Recipe
This jalapeño margarita recipe includes the three classic margarita ingredients; tequila, triple sec, and lime. Plus, we added a little jalapeño and sugar for some spicy sweetness and blended it up with ice to create delicious magic.
Jalapeño – The spice level of this margarita is very mild. It is primarily refreshing with a very slight jalapeño taste.
If you wish to add more heat, simply keep some of the jalapeño seeds in the jalapeño in step 1 and add to the blender is step 2. The seeds contain a lot more heat than the jalapeño itself.
This recipe is really quick and easy. First, remove the stems and seeds from the jalapeño. Next, blend all the ingredients until smooth. Then pour it up and garnish!
- Sugar the rim. You can use sugar or salt to rim the glasses. However, I personally think sugar was slightly better as it enhanced the flavors in this particular margarita recipe.
- Pulse then blend. High powered blenders shouldn’t have any issues blending ice. However, if you don’t have a high powered blender, smaller ice cubes or crushed ice is easier to blend. You can also pulse your blender 5-10 times to help get it started.
- Pair it with tacos.
Use blanco or silver tequila when making margaritas. This is the clear variety of tequila.
To rim a glass, use a lime wedge to wet the rim. Then flip the glass upside down and dip the rim in salt (or sugar).
Yes, you can freeze margaritas for later. Pour the margaritas into mason jars or other containers with a tight fitting lid. Then put them in the freezer until whenever you need them!
Other Margarita Recipes
Looking for other fun margarita recipes? Try my Blueberry Margaritas, Strawberry Basil Margaritas, or Spicy Pitcher Margaritas!
How to make frozen margaritas!
Hungry for more tasty eats? Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe to my email list for Zested Lemon’s latest recipes and updates.
Frozen Jalapeño Margarita
- 1 jalapeño , (see note 1)
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila, or 3 Tbsp.
- 1/2 ounce triple sec, or 1 Tbsp.
- 1 ounce lime juice, or 2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup ice, (see note 2)
- sugar or salt for the rim, (see note 3)
- lime wedges
- lime zest
- jalapeño slices
- Prep Jalapeño: Use a knife to remove the stems and seeds from the jalapeño.
- Blend: Put all Margarita Ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (see note 2).
- Serve: Rim a glass with sugar or salt (see note 4). Pour the frozen jalapeño margarita into the glass and garnish with jalapeño slices, lime wedges, and/or lime zest (optional). Enjoy!
Making both the mango and jalapeño margaritas for the cabin. Bring on the tequila!
It is starting to get warmer out and this is such a refreshing drink! I love margs but this one has the perfect combo of spice and flavor. Summer go to for sure!
These with the Barria tacos!!!! Best drink/dinner receive on zested lemon.
Just in time for cinco de Mayo…and to sample them a few times before that myself! 🙂 love the little kick of spice!