This one-pan honey garlic chicken and roasted vegetable recipe is easy to make and even easier to clean up. The crispy roasted vegetables, slightly sweet onions and garlicky chicken are all cooked up in the same pan. It doesn’t get much better than that for when life gets busy!
One-pan meals make life so quick and easy but aren’t that easy to come by. There are a ton of “one-pan” recipes out there but many of them don’t make up an entire meal (eg. One-Pan Taco Rice or One-Pan Chipotle Chicken). So, if when you stumble upon one-pan recipes that makeup a entire meal, make sure to bookmark it! They are a lifesaver during busy weeks!
Simple, Tasty & Healthy
This recipe includes a variety of flavors, colors and textures without requiring a million ingredients. Because the vegetables are roasted in the oven, the natural flavors really come through. The green beans are fresh, the cauliflower is crispy and nutty and the onions are slightly sweet. Add the honey garlic chicken to this delicious trio and you’ve got yourself one hell of a meal with minimal effort. This recipe embraces simplicity and that’s what makes it awesome.
A few basic skills and a little cooking knowledge can go a long way and make life much easier especially for those with busy schedules!
Nothing is more frustrating than coming home after a long day to make dinner only to realize you’re missing one ingredient. That is why it is important to be able to put together a healthy meal with what you have on hand even if that means making adjustments or substitutions to a recipe.
Trust me! It is much easier than it sounds. Simply start out making a couple basic recipes. Once you feel comfortable with a recipe, start making small changes by switching out a vegetable, adding a new sauce or experimenting with tasty toppings like fresh herbs, nuts or cheese.
If you’re looking for a little more guidance, grab a free copy of the guide below. It includes basic recipes and walks you through exactly how to make changes based on the ingredients you have or your personal preferences. The guide is entirely free. No strings attached.
How to Make One-Pan Honey Garlic Chicken
One-Pan Honey Garlic Chicken and Roasted Vegetables
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4-6 oz each
- 1 red onion
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3-4 cups green beans
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
For the Glaze*:
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prep Veggies: Cut the cauliflower into small florets/pieces. Cut the onion into wedges (8 wedges should work). Trim the ends of the green beans (optional). Season the cauliflower, onions and green beans with a few pinches of salt and toss them with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil. Peel and mince the cloves of garlic.
- Prep Chicken: Season the chicken with a couple pinches of salt and place the chicken on a sheet pan. Combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl and spread a spoonful of the glaze over each chicken breast. NOTE: To avoid contaminating the glaze, do not touch the raw chicken with the spoon used to stir the glaze.
- Roast: Add the cauliflower and onions to the sheet pan with the chicken. DO NOT ADD THE GREEN BEANS YET! Put the sheet pan in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Flip/Glaze/Roast: Remove the sheet pan from the oven and flip the onions and cauliflower. Add the green beans to the sheet pan. Spoon more of the glaze over the chicken. Return the pan to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the fridge.