This healthy and flavorful recipe it a great option whether you are meal prepping for a busy week or having friends over for brunch.
This Healthy Avocado Egg Salad Breakfast Toast only takes 5 minutes to make and is packed with protein to keep you fuller longer.
A Few Quick Notes
1. A Filling Breakfast
This is a BIG and very filling breakfast (especially if you use Ezekiel Sprouted Bread like I do). Personally, I am a ravenous beast when I wakeup in the morning and like to eat a big breakfast. However, if you prefer a smaller breakfast, just cut the recipe in half and you'll be good to go!
2. Fast Breakfast
On busy (or lazy) mornings, there is nothing better than a breakfast that takes 5 minutes or less to throw together. Along with this recipe, a couple other good on-the-go options include Make-Ahead Apple Raisin Oatmeal and Blueberry Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding.
As a fair warning, this recipe does call for hard-boiled eggs. You can either buy pre-peeled hard-boiled eggs at the store (which is so convenient) or make your own and store them in the fridge. I personally do both depending on my mood and schedule.
3. Fool-Proof Hard-Boiled Eggs
Whenever I do make my own hard-boiled eggs, I actually make them in the oven using THIS fool-proof method. It is so easy. The shells basically fall off the eggs and they are perfect every time.
Technically I should call them hard-cooked eggs since they're being baked instead of boiled but honestly who really cares.
Get the Look
Avocado Egg Salad Breakfast Toast
A healthy delicious recipe that will keep you fuller longer!
Serves: 1 hungry person
- 2 hard boiled eggs*
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp fresh dill chopped (or 1/4-1/2 tsp dried)
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 slices of bread
- Prep Ingredients: Peel the hard boiled eggs (if needed) and cut into small pieces. Chop the fresh dill. Put the bread in the toaster (optional).
- Mash & Mix: In a bowl, mash up the avocado with a spoon or fork. Then add the Greek yogurt, fresh dill and pinch of salt. Stir until well combined.
- Add Eggs: Add the hard boiled eggs to the avocado mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Spread & Enjoy: Spread the avocado egg salad mixture on the toast and enjoy!
*You can either buy pre-peeled hard boiled eggs at the store or your make your own. I recommend using THIS fool-proof method!