Apple Raisin Oatmeal is the perfect power breakfast for busy mornings. Simply make a batch and the beginning of the week and enjoy warm, sweet and satisfying breakfasts all week long!
With this recipe you can whip up a tasty and filling breakfast in under 20 minutes. It is the perfect make-ahead oatmeal because it reheats WONDERFULLY. So, I like to make a big batch of this stuff, put it in individual containers (these are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE) and eat homemade oatmeal all week long. I like it so much that I have been eating it every morning lately whether I'm flying out the door or enjoying a lazy morning at home.
Make-Ahead Apple Raisin Oatmeal
A warm, sweet and satisfying breakfast to power you through your day!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2-3 apples (2 large or 3-4 small)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prep Ingredients: Cut the apples into small 1/2" cubes. Make sure to remove the seeds! Set aside.
- Make Oatmeal: Over medium heat, in a large sauce pan, heat the almond milk and salt until the almond milk is steaming (but not boiling!). Then add the oats to the almond milk. Cook over medium heat until the oats have absorbed all the almond milk while stirring occasionally. This can take anywhere from 5-12 minutes depending on the size and temperature of your pan. Then reduce the heat to low.
- Flavor Oatmeal: Add the cubed apples, raisins, brown sugar and vanilla extract to the oatmeal and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for future use.*
*When reheating the oatmeal, add 1-2 Tbsp. of water or almond milk to the oatmeal, microwave for 1 minute, stir and enjoy!