Want to up your guacamole game? Then this recipe is for you. It takes a classic favorite and gives it a little extra va-va-voom.
Fresh Summer Recipes!
This weekend is the last weekend of the summer cabin season and I felt it only necessary to bid it farewell with a classic summer snack, guacamole. However, I wanted to bump it up a notch and make one hell of a guacamole. So, the brainstorming began! This recipe was actually inspired by my Pineapple Jalapeño Shrimp Skewers and Avocado Black Bean and Corn Salad. These recipes scream summer and have the zesty fresh flavors I was looking for. So, I simply took bits and pieces from each recipe and dumped them all into guacamole… and Fruit and Veggie Loaded Guacamole was born!
Ways to Use Fruit & Veggie Loaded Guacamole
This Loaded Guacamole isn’t just a tasty snack or appetizer eaten with chips. Because this guac is so hearty it can crossover into lunch or dinner territory. Throw it in a pita or a wrap and call it lunch. Add chicken and rice and you’ve got yourself a burrito bowl! Eat over top a baked sweet potato.
Flavors & Ingredients
This guacamole means business my friends. It is loaded with fresh and healthy ingredients and a ton of flavor. It is packed full of everything from jalapeño to pineapple to pepitas… and did I mention there is bacon? Yes, I said bacon. AMEN! Every single bite of this glorious guacamole is filled with a variety of flavors and textures. The bacon is crispy. The avocado is creamy. The pepitas are crunchy. The bell pepper is freshly crisp. I could go on and on, but I’ll spare you and let you experience this culinary delight for yourself.
Fruit and Veggie Loaded Guacamole
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 cup corn, (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes , diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple , diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper , diced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red onion , minced
- 1 Tbsp. chives, minced
- 2 Tbsp. pepitas
- 1.5 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- Cook Bacon: Cook the bacon in a pan on the stove until crispy. Hear that bacon sizzle! Once the bacon is done cooking remove it from the pan and blot with paper towels to remove any excess grease. Roughly chop the bacon into bacon bits. Set aside.
- Prep ingredients: Dice the tomatoes, pineapple, bell pepper and jalapeño. Thinly slice the chives. Cut the avocados in half, carefully remove the pit and scoop the avocado out of the peel.
- Combine: Put the avocados in a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork into the desired guacamole consistency. Add the bacon bits, corn, tomato, pineapple, bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, chives, pepitas, lime juice and salt to the bowl and gently stir all the ingredients to combine. Enjoy!