This healthy Tzatziki sauce recipe is deliciously creamy and makes the perfect dip, sauce, spread or snack.
What It Tastes Like: Alright ladies and gents, this sauce is GOOD. It is slightly tangy from the Greek yogurt, zesty from the lemon (haha see what I did there) and fresh from the dill and cucumber with the perfect subtle hint of garlic. I like to make a batch of it and keep in the fridge for whenever I feel like I need a little Tzatziki in my life.
Pick the Right Yogurt: This recipe calls for plain Greek yogurt. I also recommend full-fat/whole Greek yogurt instead of non-fat Greek yogurt. The texture is much creamier and the flavor is much richer.
Ways to Use Healthy Tzatziki Sauce
One thing that makes Tzatziki so great, is how versatile it is. You could go the traditional route and eat Tzatziki in a gyro. Dip veggies or pita bread in it for a healthy snack or appetizer. It is also AMAZING with chicken or salmon. Heck, I eat it with everything. Meat, veggies, potatoes, rice… you name it. Need a little inspiration? Try it out with one of the recipes below!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Spicy Lime Aioli
- Rainbow Couscous and Tzatziki Chicken
- One-Pan Salmon Brussel’s Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes
Other Quick Sauce Recipes
- Blender Hollandaise
- Lemon Basil Cashew Sauce
- 5 Minute Chipotle Aioli
- Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- Healthy Ranch Dressing
- Easy Peanut Sauce
Healthy Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Prep Ingredients: Chop the fresh dill. Peel and mince the garlic cloves. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon (they scoop out really easily). Then grate or finely chop the cucumber. TIP: To save time (and avoid chopping), I put the garlic and cucumber through a garlic press. Perfectly minced ingredients in less than 30 seconds!
- Combine: Combine all the Tzatziki sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Enjoy: Enjoy immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use!