This Spicy Green Grain Bowl has nutty quinoa, creamy avocado and crunchy veggies topped with a spicy sauce. This is a flavorful, fresh and nutritious meal you can throw together in minutes!
This is one of my go-to recipes when I’m looking for something quick and healthy. I usually keep some prepared quinoa in the fridge. So, I just dump that in a bowl, quickly cut up some fresh green ingredients, give it a drizzle of spicy mayo and I’ve got myself a meal!
Add-on to the Spicy Green Grain Bowl
Every time I make this grain bowl, I feel like super woman. As if all these beautiful greens give me super powers or something. Looking to add a little more to this this grain bowl? No prob! You could add some Crispy Tofu, Shredded Beef or even chopped up Hard-Boiled Eggs. Other easy add-ons could include shredded chicken, edamame or beans!
Tools & Equipment
This Spicy Green Grain Bowl is full of fresh greens and hearty quinoa.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (or 3 cups cooked)
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 cups leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (lightly packed)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup spicy mayo*
- soy sauce (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Cook: Cook quinoa according to package instructions. The ratio is generally 1 part quinoa 2 parts water (1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water).
- Slice and Dice: Cut jalapenos into slices (so they look like little rings). Remove seeds to decrease spiciness. Keep seeds to increase spiciness. Roughly chop greens and fresh cilantro. Cute avocado into slices or cubes (whichever you prefer). Cut lime into wedges.
- Assemble: Season the quinoa with a couple hefty pinches of salt. Then assemble the grain bowls by putting ¼ of the quinoa in each bowl and topping with jalapeno, greens, cilantro, avocado and a couple fresh squeezes of lime juice. Finish it off with a drizzle of spicy mayo and a splash of soy sauce (to taste). Dig in!
*You can purchase spicy mayo as a condiment at the grocery store or make your own. It is just mayonnaise and sriracha. Add a little sriracha to 1/4 cup of mayonnaise a little at a time until you reach your desired spiciness and flavor!